Friday, November 16, 2007

징계 (Discipline) and Breaking

무릇 징계가 당시에는 즐거워 보이지 않고 슬퍼 보이나 그로 말미암아 연단한 자에게는의의 평강한 열매를 맺나니. (히 12:11)

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)

O break my heart; but break it as a field
Is by the plough up-broken for the corn;
O break it as the buds, by green leaf seated,
Are, to unloose the golden blossom, torn;
Love would I offer unto Love's great Master,
Set free the odor, break the alabaster.
(Thomas Toke Bunch)

I've believed a lie. So subtly that Enemy crept up and quietly suggested that I am alone; that even God, who knows and loves me best, has little concern for how I feel or what I want. Oh, foolish that I believed it, but I did! Though my mind struggled against it, I kept it in my heart. The truth is, I am never alone! There is One who always sits with me, walks beside me, works along with me. He is Jesus. He is always with me, and I am never alone.

Sometimes God's discipline is hard, but let us take care to remember that it is never harsh. He is gentle, with a heart that is the origin of the ideas of "father" and "mother". Though He disciplines, he is tender-hearted. He not only pities us - he created us and loves us and seeks our good and our joy. Who taught us that love delights to give? Make no mistake - our God is kind.

2 comments:

kittykat said...

What a liar Satan is! He is a deceiver and the father of lies. Always remind him of his name and show him the blood of Christ that brings you close to God. He has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us and He is Truth and will never deny Himself.
I love you, dear girl. I pray that you are being drawn even closer to the Loving Father as you are cast on Him.

jennypo said...

Thanks Mom. I know I belong to a God who is Good. I am his by every right - authorship, purchase, and choice - and I am his responsibility. The enemy dares not touch me without God's approval. All my hurt is measured in a Father's hand. It has a purpose and a determined end. No matter how the dim takes hold, he is the one who will - who must - defend me. He is with me and will bring me out again.